Late August Haul

| On
Monday, August 25, 2014

I went on a bit of a spending spree and picked up quite a few bits and bobs, I mean what kinda girl doesn't like to shop every now and then? Here's what I got:

Bleach London Beach Lights - £7 (Boots)
Although I am naturally blonde, my hair is getting darker by the minute and I hate it! I have been eyeing up Bleach London products for a while and the whole brand looks so cool - you can temporarily dye your hair at home in the coolest shades (think bubblegum pink, minty blue and even purple). However, I'm not going to be that adventurous just yet, but I'm totally tempted to try them out soon. For now though, I'll give the home highlights a try and will keep you guys updated!

Bombay Bicycle Club // So Long, See You Tomorrow CD - £6.99 (HMV)
I have been a fan of Bombay Bicycle Club for a while now. Their music is very chilled, edgy and cool, and I guess many consider it 'indie'. I have ordered tickets to see them live in December, so thought it apt to purchase their CD asap, so I can learn all the words before the concert. If you like stuff that typically isn't found in the charts and has a chilled out yet funky vibe, I totally recommend that you check Bombay Bicycle Club out, if you haven't already heard of them!

Blue Star Print Boxy Sweater - £23 (Next)
So, if you live in the UK, you will have noticed how chilly the weather has become. That is because, sadly, summer is coming to an end... I know I put sadly but I'm actually quite looking forward to the Autumn! This may seem strange to some, but I prefer the fashion - I love layering up clothes, wearing different prints and textures, and let's be honest, it's pretty tough to be stylish in the summer. The majority of the time I just wanted to walk around naked... It's just too hot! (Was that too much information? ...Probably). I bought this cute item from Next because it is so unbelievably soft, and would be perfect to wear to Sixth Form. Also, the fit is quite flattering too, it just falls perfectly!

Topshop MOTO JAMIE High Waisted Ankle Grazer - £42 (Topshop)
Not the cheapest of jeans, but sadly I have to spend a bit more as Topshop jeans seem to be the only ones to fit me perfectly. I only really have black skinnies, so I invested in some normal denim ones with rips at the knee. I love the ripped jeans style, and it adds a touch of edginess to any outfit, making your job a little bit easier!


Jersey Slubby Tee - £16 (Topshop)
This top is so comfy and so easy to wear, it is another great find for Sixth Form. It is also a great staple piece and can be worn with either my new jeans, my black skinnies, or leggings. I love how it has a V-neckline, as I normally just stick to a round neck, so it is something a little bit different to what I usually go for in that respect. Saying that though, I do have a lot of 'slubby'/slouchy style tops, but it's what I find the most comfortable to wear on long, stressful days. It is also very soft, so if you are like me and have to suffer hard-working days at Sixth Form/college/uni, definitely give this style a go!


Asymmetric Checked Skort - £34 (Topshop)
Is it a skirt? Are they shorts? Nope my friends, it's a skort! A hybrid of my two favourite items of clothing, and isn't this one gorgeous? Especially in the coming Autumn/Winter months. This is the first skort I've ever owned believe it or not (... Aside from those awful ones they used to sell in Tammy Girl when I was like 8, oops), and I think it would look lovely paired with tights, Chelsea boots and my new bargain of a jacket which you can see me wearing here. What do you think? I adore it!

Cuffed Leg Lounge Bottoms - £7 (Primark)
This is the last buy of the day, a pair of lounge bottoms for when I'm just chilling out at home. My favourite thing to do after a day out and about, is to put on a comfy pair of bottoms, so this was really worth every penny. In fact, I'm wearing them right now as I'm typing out this post to you funnily enough! If you're like me and love to chill out in some comfy clothes, Primark is the place to be right now people! Literally, all of their lounge wear (well, the majority of it anyway) is so nice and cute at the moment, look out for ones like these though as they also come with a pocket!

I also ought to add that from my mini shopping trip a couple of days before, I purchased a blue cotton V-neck button-up shirt for £7.99 and a beige chiffon button-up shirt with a pocket for £14.99, both in H&M. Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere on the website, but hopefully you can find something similar!

That's it for my late August/end of Summer haul! I really hope you liked this post, it's something a little different to the usual, but let me know if you enjoy reading these kinds of posts so I know whether to carry on doing them. As always, thank-you so much for reading!

Cheerio x


Twitter: @xo_chelseey
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment