SUMMER FAVOURITES 2017

| On
Friday, September 08, 2017



Yeah I know, I haven't been around in a while... But I am back, and I am here with some favourites. All of these things I have been loving throughout the summer months - mainly August, and I cannot wait to share some of these things with you guys!

SKINCARE

I am the laziest person ever when it comes to skincare, however I have made more of an effort this summer (no more Simple skincare wipes!). Finally, I have found a skincare routine that not only do I stick to, but actually works for my skin.



First on my list of skincare favourites has got to be the Garnier Micellar Water(s). They are so good at taking every ounce of make-up off, and it leaves your skin feeling so soft and refreshed. They are amazing - certainly a step up from using make-up remover wipes! I've actually emptied the Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water, which is ideal for taking Matte lipsticks off, such as Kylie cosmetics liquid lipsticks, because of the oil. Currently, I am using the normal Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which does take off my makeup fine, but I definitely would recommend the Oil Infused Water just because it takes off the most stubborn of make-up. The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water retails at £4.99 in Boots, and the Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Cleansing Water retails at £5.99 in Boots (however, they are both currently on offer, so go go go!!).








I was umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether I should include this next item, as whilst doing my research, it looks like it has been discontinued. However, I have been using this product throughout summer, so it would be wrong for me not to honour it in my favourites. This product is Lush's Ayesha Fresh Face Mask, and I am pretty gutted that it has been discontinued. As you have to keep it in the fridge, it is very cooling on the skin. I use it once every 1-2 weeks, and it really makes my skin so super soft, and is something I use after exfoliating. It does look a bit silly when you have it on - but don't all face masks? Haha! I am sure that other Lush face masks are just as lovely, but I can't really say as I have not tried the rest in their collection.



The last of my skincare favourites can definitely still be bought from various shops, so do not worry! It is the Nip+Fab Dragons Blood Fix Plumping Serum which I bought randomly from Superdrug on offer for £9.95 - and I believe that offer is still on, so if you want to give it a go, I recommend getting it now, as it's normal retail price is £19.95 (which is pretty expensive if you ask me). This serum is something I did not know I wanted/needed in my life. You put a small amount on your face before moisturising, and oh my god, once your moisturiser is on top, it makes your skin feel amazing - more-so than what your moisturiser alone would do! I feel like it brightens my skin as well, which is a plus. Also, I don't know what dragon's blood is, but I felt Game of Thrones vibes, so that's what drew me to it... It was worth the purchase though, as it has made it to my favourites!

MAKE-UP



I don't tend to wear much make-up in the day, so most of the make-up mentioned are items I have used for a night out on the tooooon. Firstly, I have got to mention the Urban Decay Naked 3 eyeshadow palette. I know - everyone has heard of it, everyone has probably moved on to the Naked Heat palette, but honestly the Naked 3 palette has been my Holy Grail for nights out! I do not tend to use any other eyeshadows but the one's that are in this palette. I like how you can achieve various eye looks using it: from a barely there daytime look, to a bronze-y smokey eye. I just love it!! I luckily got it for Christmas (or my birthday... can't remember oops!) from my boyfriend, but it retails for £39.50 in most shops, and can be bought here.

Had to pull this image from the website as I think I lost mine on a night out :( So gutted... gonna have to get myself a new one!

I also absolutely adore the Kylie Cosmetics Kristen Lip Kit. I know the matte lipsticks are very hit and miss, but honestly, this formula and the colour are both equally lush! It is not drying whatsoever on the lips - which I have found with Exposed. Kristen sits so nicely on the lips that you cannot even feel it. I genuinely feel like this colour would suit every skin tone - it's a nice rosy colour, and I have been loving wearing this on nights out. It retails at $29 on Kylie Cosmetics. Living in the UK, you will be hit by a nasty shipping and customs cost, so I recommend teaming up with a couple of friends, so that it cuts those costs into 3, as honestly it is so ridiculous to be paying the full amount on your own.

Also had to pull this from online - I used mine to death, so unfortunately, they're living in the bin

The last piece in the make-up portion of my favourites has got to be some false eyelashes. I am a complete newbie in the false eyelash world, and I cannot believe I haven't been wearing them sooner. Because of my eye shape, I do not think I suit full length falsies, and I have recently discovered accent lashes. They are only half the length of normal false eyelashes, and just sit on the outer corner of your lashes, giving them a flirty, cat-eye-ish look. My absolute favourite of this style has got to be the Eyelure Enchanted Strip False Lashes - Camellia, and retails at £5.25 in Superdrug. Ahhh I literally cannot explain my love for them, they are just so lovely. Of course I wear these on nights out, but I also wear them on date nights/days. If you have small eyes like me, I cannot recommend these enough. They don't overshadow your eyes, your eye make-up is still visible... they're fab!

CLOTHES


I'm only going to mention a couple of items in this section, as there are only 2 things I have been wearing religiously over the summer months. The first clothing item is a black denim skirt from Topshop. Sounds boring, but it because of the lace-up parts on the front, it completely transforms it into something much more trendy. I have had so many compliments on this skirt and it literally goes with anything. I'll insert some pictures of how I've been wearing it, but I wear it both day and night... It's so versatile!! Unfortunately, it looks like they no longer sell it in the normal range, however, you can pick it up in their Petite range for £34 here.


In the day, I pair it with a t-shirt that I tuck in. The one in the photo is by Tee + Cake I believe, it says 'you grow girl' and has 3 plants on it... I love it! I also wear a small blue metallic bag pack which is from New Look. For the night, I always pair it with a body suit. I apologise for the picture, but it was the only one I could find (who is with me on buying lots of food at the end of the night tho?!). The bodysuit in the picture is from Toyshop - it has off-the-shoulder details, and is a fine stripe pattern.


Another summer staple has been my Topshop sandals (I swear I just live in Topshop). My sandals are looking a little worse for wear now as I have been wearing them pretty much every day, no matter what the weather is! They just look cool with anything, and are so comfy! Unfortunately, I can't find them online, but they could still be in your nearest Topshop store, so have a little rummage in there! Otherwise, I did just have a little peruse online, and they do have quite a lot of lovely sandals, so don't worry, there are lot's of other options.

RANDOMS

First for my randoms section has absolutely got to be the Sainsbury's Vintage Cheddar Mac & Cheese from their Taste the Difference range. Yes, I could probably make this myself, but I am lazy, and I would make an awful mess making my own version, so I do buy ready made... I'm sorry! However, this is absolutely delicious! It is so cheesy, they use lovely big pasta (not the usual macaroni pasta), and cover it in breadcrumbs... mmmmmmm. I am a little weird and add sweet chilli sauce on top of mine, just to give it extra flavour, but it is such a nice ready made meal. I have tried other macaroni cheese ready meals and they are disgusting. Please try it, I promise it is yummy! (It costs £3.50 by the way - a bit pricey, but worth it if you want to treat yourself!).


My final favourite has got to be my phone case, which I purchased in the Urban Outfitters online sale. It is so extra and cute... I love it! It gets a lol from people that I'm with, but I just like how it looks on my phone - and I am in the process of decorating my room, so I feel like it just goes with the aesthetic... Too much? Probably, but whatever. I think Urban Outfitters have called the phone cases 'furry things', which is adorable. I also purchased a screen protector from Urban Outfitters, and it just ties the whole 'look' of my phone together. It has gold mini splatters on the top and bottom panels of my phone, which I believe are meant to be cheetah spots? I'm not sure, but I love how snazzy you can make your phone look whilst protecting it! Unfortunately, you can no longer purchase the pink fluffy phone case, however there is a blue one still available for iPhone 7's which you can purchase for £5 in the sale here. The screen protector retails at £6 currently in the sale and can be bought here. If you are a student (like moi), you can use the UNIDAYS discount code to get extra off - I remember my case eventually cost £2.70 so yeah, go check out the sale items!


So there you have it, my summer favourites!! I cannot believe Autumn is almost upon us, summer has literally flown by! I don't mind though, I love Autumn/Winter for the clothes and getting cosy. What about you guys, are you sad summer is coming to an end, or are you like me?

Stay tuned for more posts! I have so many planned so keep an eye out. Obviously, I cannot promise being consistent at the moment as I am about to go into my final year of university (?!), but I will try my very best!


Cheerio x
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment